Friday, August 21, 2026
102 Podcasts
I am too far behind on writing about my podcasts. I am just going to write a short thing about them. This post will catch me up to 102 podcasts I have listened on the Spotify 100. Because of movement in and out of the top 100 it will take a lot more than 100 to complete this list. Next up is number 62 ranked JYP Podcast. I will try to not get so behind on updating this.
64. The Rest is History. I listened to an episode released May 19 titled, "Empress Matilda: Civil War and the Fight for the Throne." It was interesting hearing the history behind some royalty power battles in the Roman Empire in 1110.
65. Part of the Problem. I listened to an episode released May 20 titled, "Ryan Grim." The conversation here was largely about the Iran war from a libertarian perspective. They were critical of Trump. I looked back and the host of the podcast endorsed Trump. Insane to me that anyone would think this current behavior from Trump is surprising when he literally campaigned on committing war crimes in his 2016 presidential campaign. Yet, he somehow got a bunch of anti-war types to support him just based on his word. Which is also crazy considering his track record of constantly lying.
66. The Factenate. I listened to an episode released May 19 titled, "Roy Rogers: The 'King of the Cowboys.'" The cool thing about listening to random podcasts like this is discovering that I can find it interesting to learn the history of a person who I knew nothing about to begin with. The only thing I knew about Roy Rogers before this is that he has a famous name. It was cool hearing the background of how he came from a rural area and found fame.
67. Big Deal. I listened to an episode released May 21 titled, "How to be more successful than 99% of people." Some interesting ideas about how people should not try to go to the best universities but go to quality universities where they can be among the best there. If you can't be toward the top it is better to go to a lower university.
68. Jamie Social. I listened to an episode released May 18 titled, "No one wants to hear you because you do this." This podcast is talking about a specific problem people have with talking too much and not asking enough questions. It says you should try to talk about others if you want to have conversation. I learned this same thing from a mission companion I had, Elder Erekson, who was really good with people. I told him how I think it's difficult talking to people. He said to me something like, "You like talking about yourself right? Everybody does. If you want people to want to talk to you then ask them questions and get them to talk about themselves." I think this is true.
69. BBC Radio 1. I listened to an episode released May 26 titled, "Lola Young (Radio 1's Big Weekend 2026)." This was basically just listening to a short concert. I am not sure how Spotify classifies this as a podcast. Sometimes it is just music. But I think it's probably good for me to be exposed to some different types of music. I am not big into music. This is kind of too far away to remember exactly how I liked it but I think the music was okay.
70. The Unplanned Podcast with Matt & Abby. I listened to an episode released May 27 and titled, "Love is Blind, Baby#2 & Postpartum Depression w/ Zack and Bliss." Once again, I think it is amazing that I can be interested in just hearing the background of people who I don't know. Zack and Bliss met on some reality show called Love is Blind where you talk to each other a lot but don't see each other. They are now married and have a second baby on the way. I would have no interest in watching a reality show like this but it was interesting hearing their story.
71. Girls Gotta Eat. I listened to an episode released June 1 titled, "If this Was YOur Last Single Summer featuring Tunde Oyeneyin." The good thing about listening to all these podcasts I would not normally listen to is I am often exposed to podcasts that I think are interesting even though they are out of the zone of what I would normally listen to. This is not one of those times. I thought they were just annoying.
72. Memes. I listened to this "episode" released April 11, 2023 titled, "Wazzup Beijing." This "podcast" is only 8 seconds long and only two words are said during it. Those words are "Wazzup Beijing." Not exactly sure how a podcast with an 8 second episode with the latest one in 2023 is currently ranked number 53 in Spotify's list.
73. Murder in America. I listened to an episode released May 29 titled, "Episode 247-Serial Killer: The Torso Killer-Richard Cottingham Part 2." This goes into a detective who went through unsolved cases and found many of them connected to a guy who was in prison for an attempted murder. The detective linked 20 murders to this guy. And the murderer claimed to have killed more than 80 people. They don't know the true number but they think it is more than twenty.
74. This American Life. I listened to an episode released May 31 titled, "137: The Book That Changed Your Life." This podcast tells four stories of books that changed people's lives. The most interesting to me was this guy who started collecting Lewis and Clark books. He wouldn't read them, he just collected them. He collected more and more until he had the biggest Lewis and Clark collection in the world. He worked in construction and used all his money beyond his needs on collecting Lewis and Clark books. He eventually started reading the books and became an expert on Lewis and Clark. He sold him books to a university and would go there and read and talk about Lewis and Clark.
75. The Deck. I listened to an episode released June 3. It was titled, "Clarence and Marjorie Paulson (2 of Clubs, Minnesota)." This was about a double murder in July 1984 in Minnesota. The podcast reviewed evidence and there is a suspect but nothing is proven and the case is unsolved.
76. My Favorite Murder. The episode I listened to was released June 3 and was titled, "Rewind with Karen & Georgia -99 Shink Kick." This episode revisits an episode originally released in December 2017. The two hosts both told one murder story. One was about a girl who lied so much for tha approval of her parents. She faked report cards, she faked like she was going to a university, she even bought books and learned about the topics of her study to trick her parents into thinking she was studying it for school. Eventually, she and her boyfriend plotted to murder her parents for the life insurance money. They staged a break in to look like a robbery and murder. Her mom was killed but her dad survived the attack. There is a Netflix documentary on this murder titled, "What Jennifer Did" that I am putting on my list of movies to watch. The other murder was a woman who was murdered in 1960 by a Catholic priest. The priest was convicted of the murder 57 years later in 2017.
77. Dr. Insanity. The episode I listened to was released June 1. It was titled, "Mom Discovers Her 13 Year Old Son Just Killed Someone." This tells the story of a 13 year old who is obsessed with serial killers who wants to be a serial killer himself. He likes following the story of murderers. He likes the TV show Dexter. In my opinion, you are a bad mom if you let your 13 year old watch Dexter. He murdered his elderly neighbor across the street.
78. Danny Jones. Episode released June 8. Title is "'Pentagon is on Red Alert' Mossad Just Declared as #1 Threat.'" Anti every war. Thought it was interesting how they could criticize other presidents but wouldn't mention Trump's name when criticizing him until the end. They use the dumb "Russia-gate" terminology and can't say Ukraine is the good guy.
79. We Might be Drunk. Episode June 8. Titled "Anthony Jeselnik w/ Sam Morril & Mark Normand." They talked some about Norm MacDonald. He was my favorite back in my teenage days.
80. The Megyn Kelly Show. June 12. "Austin Metcalf's Father Speaks Out, Plus False Karmelo Anthony Narratives, and Blake Lively Legal Fees Ruling, with Mark Geragos and Arthur..." Megyn Kelly is annoying. I embarrassingly used to like her back in my Fox News days. Shed efinitely has some fake anger issues.
81. Science vs. June 25. "Raw Milk: Secret Superfood." Interesting podcast debunking some pro raw milk propaganda. Apparently there is a reason pasteurization exists. There are some risks to drinking raw milk.
82. House of R. June 29. "'House of the Dragon' Season 3 Episode 2 Reactions. Talk the Throne." I was wondering if this would get me interested in this show but it didn't. I don't think I would like this show as I do prefer there to be at least one good guy and it doesn't sound like there is.
83. The Rest is Science. June 28. "The Audio Illusion That Proves We Don't Experience Reality." Talked a lot about different illusions. Some audio where some people hear Laurel and some hear Yanny. They say it is based on experiences.
84. Friends Keep Secrets. May 26. "The Halsey Episode." Most interesting thing in the episode was when two people who write music were talking to each other. One of them always writes the words first and the music second. The other always writes the music first and the words second. Writing words first seems easier to me but the one who always writes the music first says it is the only way he has ever done it. I did find this episode interesting and thought all the people on it were likeable.
85. Flightless Bird. June 30. "Live in Austin: Bats, Lizardman, Rosabel, & The Yogurt Shop Murders." This podcast was filmed in front of a large audience in Austin, Texas. They travelled there. Most interesting part of the podcast was hearing the bat expert talk about how misunderstood bats are and how they help the environment.
86. The Prestige TV Podcast. June 29. "'The Bear' Season 5, Episodes 5-8: Every Second Counts." This podcast they talk about The Bear. Apparently early on this was a cultural penomenon. They said the show would have been better if they ended a season early but at the same time said that people who quit the show early missed out. I keep hoping that I can find podcasts talking about TV shows interesting but that hasn't happened and it hasn't made me want to watch the show.
87. The Big Picture. June 29. "The 10 Best Movies of 2026...So Far." Lists of movies people liked on this podcast for the first half of the year: 28 Years Later, Project Hail Mary, Furious, Disclosure Day, Masters of the Universe, Maddie's Secret, Back Rooms, The Drama, Blue Heron, Obsession, Nirvana the band the show the movie. Only one I have seen is Project Hail Mary which I listened to the book as well. I thought it was an awesome book and movie. The others I looked into a bit to see if I wanted to watch them and I don't.
88. The Zach Lowe Show. July 2. "Emergency Pod! The Celtics Trade Jaylen Brown to the 76ers!" The hosts thing the Jaylen Brown trade was worse than doing nothing for the Celtics. They talked a little bit about the Lakers Jazz Walker Kessler trade and they said the Jazz made out like bandits.
89. Stan:a. July 3. "Over 20 Million Views?! Why Are People Absolutely Obsessed With K-pop Reaction Videos?" This is a Korean language podcast. It had English captions but I was listening to this in the van as I drove. I dutifully listened to the entire thing in Korean. Words I understood: "K-pop," "music video," and "autoplay." I thought it was interesting in Korean they use the English words for these things.
90. Day in the Life. June 25. "Day in the Life with Cody Johnson." Heard some music here.
91. The Deck. July 1. "An Important Announcement from Ashley Flowers." This episode was only 4 minutes long and it was her announcing that she was going to end the podcast at the end of the summer.
92. So True with Caleb Hearon. July 2. "Jack Martin Returns." These guys talked about being in Pizza Movie.
93. The Matt Walsh Show. July 8. "She Slept With Her Celebrity Crush?! Uncovering Reddit's Worst Horror Stories." Matt Walsh talks about things like marriage and dating. I agreed with a lot of what he said, especially regarding how you should make a commitment beyond dating if you expect a relationship to last. I couldn't help thinking as he was judging all these random Reddit people how he was a prominent Trump supporter last election and how he would talk about others who act like Trump compared to how he talks about Trump.
94. The Meidas Touch Podcast. July 9. "Nebraska Town Hall Erupts over Trump's Agenda." I liked this podcast because it showed a lot of a town hall where people were heckling a Republican Congressman for supporting the awful things Trump does. Unfortunately, this is surely not representative of his district and I am confident that most people in his district support thing such as ICE throwing people into concentration camps with no due process.
95. 48 Hours. July 9. "I Remember Everything." This is a story of some sexual assault and rape victims. Tells the story of an escape. How to help other victims. And a story of how victims can get blamed when reporting sexual assault when the aggressor is popular.
96. Kurgesagt-In a Nutshell. July 24. “What Actual Aliens Might Look Like.” Speculation based on scientific ideas about what aliens might look like on other planets.
97. Afro Nation Portugal 2026. July 27, 2026 “Tyla-Is it Love." This was music that I didn't really like.
98. The Fantasy Footballers- Fantasy Football Podcast. July 30, 2026. “Unsolved Mysteries + Camp Injury Updates.” This gives some advice about drafting in fantasy football.
99. Soundbuttonspace. August 4, 2026. “Momomoyouth Sound Effect” This podcast was literally 1 second long. It was a sound effect.
100. Julian Dorey Podcast. August 3, 2026. Ranked 71 when started. “Charlie Kirk Investigator Unloads on Rigged Case.” Baron Coleman. These guys have some flawed thinking about conspiracies. No evidence needed for a conspiracy. The idea that Israel wanted to assassinate Charlie Kirk because things he said is crazy to me. Baron Coleman said nobody has broken more campaign promises in history than Trump. It's interesting to hear from people who were Trump supporters and their reasons to stop supporting him. There reasons for stop supporting him aren't of course his massive corruption, but dumb things like not doing more to fight against life saving vaccines.
101. Spotify Live. August 14, 2026. Ranked 2 when started. “Camera-Live in Nashville.” Music.
102. The Prosecutors. August 19, 2026. "383. The Lindsay Clancy Trial Part 11." They talked about the Lindsay Clancy trial. I heard never heard of Lindsay Clancy but their audience is familiar with this as this is part 11. Lindsay Clancy is a mom who murdered her three children ages 5, 3, and an infant. The defense is saying she was in postpartum psychosis so she should not be criminally responsible. This podcast talked a lot about missteps by the prosecutors. Hopefully Clancy doesn't get away with this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment